GlobalData Plc: Tesla Among the Most Prominent Players in the EV Market
There were 10.74 million electric vehicles (EVs) on the road globally by the end of 2021
LONDON, May 17, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Startups will present significant disruption thanks to fielding ‘clean sheet’ EV designs that do not have to compromise to factor in legacy strategies of repurposing existing ICE-powered platforms. The most prominent of these is Tesla, which was the largest EV producer in 2021, despite lacking the installed production capacity of many more established automakers. Tesla has become the yardstick in the sector thanks to offering the right product at exactly the right time, making it a key catalyst for the current renaissance in battery EVs.
The Electric Vehicles (EV) – Thematic Research Report offered by GlobalData Plc looks at the electric vehicles theme – principally, battery electric vehicles (BEVs). These models demand new technologies and components that were previously uncommon in vehicles, especially in the field of lithium-ion batteries, which are not a core competency for most traditional automakers.
EV Value Chain
- Auto components
For detailed insights on the EV value chain,download a free report sample
EV Technology Trends
- Speed of battery technology improvement
- Competing cathode chemistries
- Tesla’s rivals are closing in
- EV technology as a competitive advantage
- Threat from hydrogen fuel cells
- Improving battery management systems
- Battery swapping stations
- Battery price parity with combustion engines
- Battery pack rightsizing
- Chip Shortage
- Employment moving towards EVs and EV components
- Raw material supply
- Infrastructure expenditure
- Agreements to ban sales of combustion-powered cars
- Drive to lower CO2 emissions
For detailed insights on EV market trends, download a free report sample
Key Players in the EV market
- General Motors
To know more aboutkey players in the EV market, download a free report sample
EV Market Overview
|Number of EVs (Year – 2021)||10.74 million|
|Value Chains||Batteries, Semiconductors, Auto Components, Assembly, and Charging|
|Technology Trends||Speed of Battery Technology Improvement, Competing Cathode Chemistries, Tesla’s Rivals are Closing in, EV Technology as a Competitive Advantage, Threat from Hydrogen Fuel Cells, Improving Battery Management Systems, Battery Swapping Stations, Battery Price Parity with Combustion Engines, and Battery Pack Rightsizing|
|Macroeconomic Trends||Chip Shortage, COVID-19, Employment Moving Towards EVs and EV Components, Raw Material Supply, and Infrastructure Expenditure|
|Regulatory Trends||Agreements to Ban Sales of Combustion-Powered Cars and Drive to Lower CO2 Emissions|
|Leading EV Companies||Tesla, BMW, Daimler, Ford, Geely, General Motors, Hyundai, Renault-Nissan, Stellantis, and Volkswagen|
Reasons to Buy
- Our thematic investment research product, supported by our thematic engine, is aimed at senior (C-Suite) executives in the corporate world as well as institutional investors.
- Helps CEOs in all industries understand the disruptive threats to their competitive landscape.
- Helps fund managers focus their time on the most interesting investment opportunities in global TMT.
- Our unique differentiator, compared to all our rival thematic research houses, is that our thematic engine has a proven track record of predicting winners and losers.
What was the global EV market size in 2021?
There were 10.74 million electrified vehicles (EVs) on the road globally by the end of 2021.
What are the different value chains in the EV market?
The value chains in the EV market can be divided into five segments: batteries, semiconductors, auto components, assembly, and charging.
What are the key EVtechnology market trends?
The key EV technology trends are speed of battery technology improvement, competing cathode chemistries, Tesla’s rivals are closing in, EV technology as a competitive advantage, threat from hydrogen fuel cells, improving battery management systems, battery swapping stations, battery price parity with combustion engines, and battery pack rightsizing.
What are the key EVmacroeconomic market trends?
The key EV macroeconomic trends are chip shortage, COVID-19, employment moving towards EVs and EV components, raw material supply, and infrastructure expenditure.
What are the key EVregulatory market trends?
The key EV regulatory trends are agreements to ban sales of combustion-powered cars and drive to lower CO2 emissions.
Who are the key players in the EV market?
The key players in the EV market are Tesla, BMW, Daimler, Ford, Geely, General Motors, Hyundai, Renault-Nissan, Stellantis, and Volkswagen.
- Electric Vehicles (EV) in Insurance – Thematic Research – Click here
- Electric Vehicles (EV) in Oil and Gas – Thematic Research – Click here
- Electric Vehicles (EV) in Defense – Thematic Research – Click here
- Development of Electric Mining Vehicles in Surface and Underground Mining, 2022 Update – Click here
- Electric Vehicles Market Size, Share and Trend Analysis by Sales, Charging Infrastructure, Policies, Incentives, Key Countries, and Forecast, 2020-2030 – Click here
GlobalData is a leading provider of data, analytics, and insights on the world's largest industries. In an increasingly fast-moving, complex, and uncertain world, it has never been harder for organizations and decision makers to predict and navigate the future. This is why GlobalData's mission is to help our clients to decode the future and profit from faster, more informed decisions. As a leading information services company, thousands of clients rely on GlobalData for trusted, timely, and actionable intelligence. Our solutions are designed to provide a daily edge to professionals within corporations, financial institutions, professional services, and government agencies.
Head of PR EMEA
+44 (0)207 936 6400